Work or Intern for The Marketing Department
The Marketing Department hires top talent. If that is you, get in touch. Follows are current open positions.
WholeExpo Coordinator / Producer
Part-time energetic, organized individual who is passionate about the holistic and conscious living industry to coordinate the annual WholeExpo. This is a permanent postion of about 8-10 hours/week but, at push times, more, and during the show, long hours. More information on WholeExpo is at WholeExpo.com.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction and guidance of the show GM, organizes and coordinates the annual WholeExpo held the weekend after Labor Day. You will:
• Recruit sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, and your education advisory group
• Request design of posters, programs, etc. from the inhouse design team
• Organize the program for the production team to handle
• Solve problems prior to and during WholeExpo (with the advice of the GM)
• Be responsible for getting information out to participants in the expo
• Be sure all paperwork is complete and payment received from exhibitors
• Recruit and organize temporary staff for and at the show
• Handle the logistics of the expo—rental agreement with fairgrounds, insurance for the show, rental of pipe and drape, etc.
• Spend a lot of time communicating on the telephone and via email
• Maintain the proprietary show book that provides schedules and instructions for conducting the expo
• Great organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Enjoy working with people
• Familiarity with social media such as Facebook
• Computer skills
• Be a fun person
• 8-10 hours/week over two weekdays of 4-5 hours each
• August and September more hours per week will be required
• Weekend of WholeExpo 10+ hours/day
Make an appointment with Nick at The Marketing Department, 970-259-4027, firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAPHIC / WEB DESIGNER – Internship
Graphic / web design intern with knowledge of print and web creative. You will work closely with the marketing and design team on real-world projects for TMD house needs. In addition, you may contribute to client projects.
The Marketing Department will provide the successful candidate real-world experience working on real projects in a team environment with a real budget. You can expect to hone those skills you have learned in school while under the direct supervision of an experienced creative who will help you move to the next level of competence and improve your portfolio.
• Ability to create intelligent and innovative design solutions for print and web.
• Demonstrate hands-on skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign & Dreamweaver. Basic knowledge of html & css.
• Have a strong school portfolio of work.
• Pursuit of college degree in art and design, business, communications, English,
or similar area.
Available 5–10 hours per week, during normal (9–5, M–F) business hours.
Internships are not necessarily compensated, but with experience, compensation can be arranged.
Make appointment with our CD, Nick, and bring your resume and portfolio/samples. Note, we do not accept print work samples on electronic media. Obviously, web samples will be electronic. The Marketing Department, 970.259.4027, email@example.com